What is Environmental to us?
Benignity of Components
Soil and Water Conservation
Noise and Air Control
Ecology management leads to a competitive advantage and creates a higher financial return.
The companies of our first fund are examples.
We are specialized and we support companies that market environment-friendly products or services, in connection with Oraxys’ three environmental impact’s pillars: Nature preservation, Resource efficiency and Health.
We examine the activity of each company to evaluate if it contributes with one or several Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations and the related objectives.
Together with the leadership teams of our portfolio companies and through Oraxys’ in-house benchmarking methodology, we set-up and monitor 1 to 3 customised Environmental Key Performance Indicators to strengthen the competitive advantage and the value creation.
We target many different sectors:
- Green Chemistry
- Green Agri-business
- Waste Management
- Organic Food and Organic Products
- Healthy living solutions
- Information Technology
- Smart Electrical Equipment
- Automation and Robotization
Our investment criteria
- IMPACT ON THE ENVIRONMENT: Strong opportunity in the market for solutions that demonstrate environmental characteristics related to Nature preservation, Resource Efficiency or Health
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE: Technology, brand or position in the value chain
- LEADERSHIP TEAM: Experienced, Financially committed, Willing to work with Oraxys to accelerate growth
- GOVERNANCE: Active Board membership, Minority or majority stake, Aligned interests, Transparency, Consensus and exit rights
- ADDED-VALUE OF ORAXYS: Capacity to bring industrial experience, management coaching or international networks
- COMPANY CHARACTERISTICS: Positive EBIT, Net Sales ranging between EUR 10 million and EUR 200 million. European headquarter with a focus on Benelux, France and Switzerland
- EQUITY INVESTMENT: From EUR 3 million up to EUR 50 million per company
- INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION: Capacity to expand organically and/or through acquisitions
- ANTICIPATED LIQUIDITY: 5-7 year term (capacity to stay longer on a case-by-case basis)
Exemplarity, Excelling oneself, Competitive
Respect, Debate, Transparency, Honesty, Fairness, Team Spirit
Sustainability, Development, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Progress
Our shareholding style
DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMPANY
to create both financial and environmental impacts' values at medium term
Structuring deals to align interests
Open, pragmatic and responsive
Proactive and added-value driven
and fostering exchange of views
Respect, fairness and trust are key to teamwork between shareholders and managers, at each level.
Oraxys is made of different expertise, backgrounds, nationalities, genders, ages, etc, that foster creativity, agility and added value.
A simple, efficient and clear corporate governance is the common ground to successfully carry out ambitious and international projects. This is true for both Oraxys and the portfolio companies we are supporting.
Oraxys is structured with 3 decision-making processes :
Investment decisions for the funds
Each fund has its Investment Committee made of its Strategic Partners and the Private Equity Partners
Control of governance for the funds
Each fund has its Advisory Committee made of representatives of its Investors
Management decisions for the private equity firm
Oraxys SA has its Board of Directors made of Private Equity experts
Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation
In accordance with Article 8 of the Regulation EU 2019/2088 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 November 2019 on sustainability‐related disclosures in the financial services sector (the “SFDR Regulation”), Oraxys Environment 2 S.C.A. (the “Fund”) promotes Environmental characteristics. Through equity investments, the Fund supports the development of small and medium-sized European companies which market solutions (products/ technologies/services) that have a positive impact in one or more of the following three pillars (the “Pillars”):
- Nature Preservation
- Resource Efficiency
These Pillars relate but are not limited to climate change mitigation or adaptation, water and waste management, energy efficiency and health.